Friday, June 10, 2011

Cicada Summer

So apparently locusts are called cicadas in TN and there are different broods born every year. This year was "the big year" with type XIII coming out of the ground and it was a bit like a take over. When the news and everyone was talking about it I expected something like I imagined with of the locust swarms from Little House on the Praire - you know where the sky gets dark as they fly in and eat everything in sight. Turns out it they just crawl out of the ground sit around for a week or so and then they start flying around and making all kinds of racket. They have all died by now so it has quieted and now we are just back to the normal TN summer except this time we have a kid.

That little addition to the summer makes everything more fun. It makes us want to go to the pool more so he can learn to float and be comfortable. So far this week we've been twice and it would have been three times if it hadn't been for a crazy storm yesterday.

We also have another change this summer that required me to run out and get a new bathing suit for all those trips to the pool. I'm 3 months pregnant which at this point just means I look a little fat. I got a cute new suit at Target and maybe by the end of the summer I'll look a lot less fat and more pregnant.

Either way we are going to enjoy our time at the pool and maybe we'll have a little one that floats/swims by the end of the summer. I promise to try to update before then but so far my track record isn't great so I'll probably see you in July.

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

Congrats on the bump! I pray for a healthy pregnancy. Stay cool!