Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Patiently Waiting

So the good news is that our court date couldn't have gone smoother. The birthmother showed. The file was deemed complete. Now we just wait for the judge to rule. That will be his "first decree" and then there is a waiting period where the birthmother can change her mind and then we get the "final decree" which officially makes the adoption legal in Taiwan. Then we make an appointment to get his travel visa and immigration papers and we head to Taiwan.

Seems so simple and you'd think we'd be heading out next month but you have to remember we are dealing with 2 governments. Because the court appearance went so well we have our finger crossed to travel in the middle of November. No promises though!

In other news Joshua has been in Texas for a week and a half. There was a small restaurant crisis that is slowly resolving itself and I'm hoping he gets to come home next week. Right now, I'm living the single parent life with "Austin the Boy" and I am NOT a fan. Yesterday traffic was horrible and it took me 2 hours to pick him up from school. TWO HOURS! Then I had to get him fed and run to a client meeting where he sat and did his homework while I talked market trends with a seller client.

It's gonna be a hard 4 days for me, but the poor kid. I'm probably the meanest adult he knows and he's stuck with me alone for 4 days. Hopefully we'll both be stronger on the other side but I can tell you one thing: This 3rd grader will know how to make his own lunch by Friday.

1 comment:

Lauren S said...

Ha ha - I don't think I made my own lunch (to take with me) until I was married! I hope November is right--I can't remember how many weeks your seclusion is, but maybe I wouldn't have to have stealth binoculars to spy on him when we come home over Christmas! :)