Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Those flashing ads that promise you a free TV

Well I read a blog that says those things are legit. Of course not all of them are but this woman makes thousands of dollars a year completing these online offers. It sounds ridiculous right? Feels a little like that woman who fed her family on sweepstakes back in the 50's. I don't even want to try to explain it to you, so you can read all about it at Money Saving Methods.

A friend and I decided last week we are giving it a try. We spent about 4 hours filling out and signing up for stuff online. I am getting trail German language course, some green tea pills, 25 music downloads, some magazines and coffee. Then if I followed all the rules and jumped through all the hoops correctly at the end of it I'll end up with a $500 Visa gift card.

Now if you thought the whole Walgreens/CVS stuff was difficult this stuff will make your head spin. The short story is we created a spreadsheet and are tracking everything we signed up for so we know which items we want to keep and which ones we will send back at the end of the trial period.

So here is the current status: Our first of three tier items have qualified. I have downloaded 3 of my 25 songs and our coffee ships tomorrow. I'll let you know how it progresses.

Also any help on choosing my song downloads would be greatly appreciated: so far its Patty Griffin and Katie Herzig & Matthew Perryman.

5 comments:

sam said...

music (some you may already have):
vampire weekend
bishop allen
st. vincent
tegan and sara
my brightest diamond
bon iver
andrew bird
mgmt
neko case
over the rhine
elbow
lykke li

let me know if you need more

Anonymous said...

You are nuts! Who is your mom, anyway?

joshntiff said...

UPDATE: My second level items have cleared. One more level to go and then a few more hoops

Ty said...

I have been waiting for you to take the dive so I can follow if the waters are safe... lol

joshntiff said...

Aren't you so glad you have an older sister to act as your guinea pig?