Wednesday, April 8, 2009

By the Fire

Last night we burned all the wood we had gathered. We also found another monster piece in our basement that was dry enough to burn. (FYI Monster=3ft long and 8inches around). I had no idea that was down there and about 9pm Joshua throws it on our fire. Currently the log is still crackling in our fireplace, so you know it was still going strong when we were ready to go to bed.

The dilemna: Our living room is so toasty and our hall and bedroom are luke warm at best. What's the Fykes family to do?

We got out our air mattress and slept on the living room floor by the fire. Not as comfortable as our bed, but absolutely worth it. I didn't want to waste the last of our fire and there's really nothing like sleeping by open flames. Some might call it a fire hazard, I'd call it awesome.

It reminded us of our first 2 months in this house. The upstairs wasn't finished on time so we lived in the basement. We had our bed, our dining room table and a folding table to work on and because it was December we had a fire every night (for warmth, not looks). It got a little claustrophobic but we did get the smell of smoke out of our comforter so nothing is really worse for the wear.

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

Hey Tiffany,

I came across your blog from somebody's blog, I think Jana Kelley's. anyways, it's nice to catch up with old friends.

I do agree about a fire. And I prefer the wood fireplace over the convenience of gas. I like the crackle and I actually prefer to make the fire. Glad to see ya'll are doing well. Keep in touch!!!