Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What is Up with the Time?

I have heard Daylight Savings Time is a hard adjustment for kids but I have never had any trouble with the switch (you know, except for the annoyance of losing an hour of sleep). This year is quite a different story. This is the third morning that Joshua and I can't make ourselves get out of bed. It feels like someone is jerking us awake at 5 am except it isn't, its 7:30 and half the country is already on their way to work.

We decided to participate in the Lent season this year by giving up our sleeping in. We set a time and we decided to be up by that time Monday through Sunday. Until the Daylight Savings switch it was a breeze. We were getting to bed at a reasonable hour and then popping out of bed in the morning. All of that came to a screeching halt this week and we just can't do it. It is like God said, you know I appreciate the sentiment but lets crank this up a notch and really see if you can handle it. Well the answer is obviously - no.

I'm hoping our bodies equalize soon but until then I just want to give a shout out to all the toddlers who are struggling with the time change too.

No comments: