Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'd be his assistant any day

This year for Christmas Joshua's dad got us the newest book by Malcolm Gladwell, Outliers. Have you people read any of his books? I read this one first and thought that it was so great but then I read this one and it was better and now this one.

Reading these books actually makes me wish I had studied sociology and psychology. I love the perspective he brings to mundane things and I love how he challenges traditional lines of thinking. Its the kind of book that I can't just silently read - poor Joshua is going to have the whole thing ruined for him because I keep saying "Did you know that Asians score in the 90th percentile in math and we only score in the 40th?"

Malcolm Gladwell has officially gone on my list of people I would love to have dinner with (dead or alive).

1 comment:

sam said...

love malcolm gladwell books, haven't gotten the new one yet. glad you like it!