Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Little Belated

picnic setup

We have owned our new house for one year and to celebrate we decided it was time to get the neighbors together. The "party" went great. Our 95 year old neighbor came and I'm going to have to say that she was my favorite. We had a total of 8 neighbors attend and now we all know each other.

neighbor picnic

The mosquitoes were held at bay (mostly) for the evening and we had people here until almost nine which I think was pretty good since we were the youngest by at least 15 to 20 years.

picnic action

At dusk, they started asking if they were going to get to see the house. I knew this was going to happen but Joshua didn't really believe it. Luckily, I'm a more forceful persuasive arguer and so we had cleaned the house the night before.

I don't think it was anyone's personal style but they were impressed with how different it looked. They kept saying "Ossie wouldn't recognize her house." I don't think they really meant it as a compliment but we took it that way.

1 comment:

Michael and Jana said...

Your house is gorgeous. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. BTW - are you guys free soon for a neighborhood party on this side of the Hall? And by neighborhood party, I mean you guys and us. We're not quite ready for much more than that.