Thursday, September 4, 2008

It Happened!

So I have never had money just show up in my mailbox before. You always hear of God providing out of nowhere and with me He has always provided work that way, but not cold hard cash. Well yesterday that changed.

Joshua and I received a check from our insurance company for $700 for an error on something at the closing of our house one year ago but it wasn't discovered until this week. I can't wait to deposit it and write a check in that amount for my Peru mission trip. With that money and the garage sale I am only lacking a few hundred dollars for my trip which is crazy since I only just decided that I was even going on the trip.

I am always amazed at God's provision in the self employed life I was made for. When I was working for a company it was easy to think that I had something to do with my monthly income. Being freelance is different and I love it because there is no mistaking who is in control.

No comments: